STEM TEACHER FOR AP COURSES
Location- Shenzhen City
Type- High School
Salary- 20,000RMB- 30,000RMB + Accommodation
No. of positions - 1
Start Date- 9th September
Over the past 20 years, Haida International has been committed to the internationalization of education in China. They have established a team of foreign teachers with strong experience, solid academic knowledge and a passion for developing education in China. Over the years, more than 2,000 foreign experts have been introduced to more than 200 organizations, of which 23 have won friendship awards for foreign experts at municipal level and provincial level.
Haida International is offering the perfect opportunity to teach in China. Haida are looking for a STEM teacher to teach in the Affiliated Tianhe School of Guangdong Experimental Middle School Shenzhen city, China, for the next school semester (September, 2019).
- Salary 20,000-30,000rmb per month (before tax).
- Apartment provided (off campus)
- Summer or winter holiday with basic salary – 3,000rmb.
- Comprehensive medical and accident insurance while you are employed in China.
- 11 days public holidays per year, plus school breaks.
- Reimbursed residence permit and obligatory medical check-up.
- Regular teaching training supplied by Haida or school.
- TEFL in China course available free to Haida staff (conditions apply).
- Opportunities for promotion and career advancement within Haida.
- Ongoing team-building activities.
- 5,000rmb airfare allowance paid on the completion of contract.
- Design inquiry teaching learning programs for STEM for senior high school students.
- Have knowledge about their learning habits.
- Able to achieve the localization of foreign STEM teaching system and contents pertinent.
- Able to guide students based on their performance and enhance teaching methods and contents.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Majored in engineering or science.
- Experience in teaching high school STEM or science preferred.
- Experience in STEM curriculum development preferred.
- Having knowledge of interdisciplinary research-based learning and PBL mode preferred.
- Qualification for AP courses preferred.
- Patient and amiable, enjoy being with senior high school students and teaching STEM.
- Good at collaboration, quick to learn and tend to delve into researches.
- Receptive to suggestions and willing to enhance teaching.
- Conscientious and nimble.
- Steadfast to work, responsible and motivated.
Package and benefits
About The School
The Affiliated Tianhe School of Guangdong Experimental Middle School (henceforward also referred to as the Affiliated School of GDEMS) is a private school approved by the Education Department of Guangdong Province and established in 2005. The school, under the joint venture of Guangdong Experimental Middle School (henceforward also referred to as GDEMS) and Guangzhou Educational Development Co. Ltd., combines the rich cultural tradition and state-of-the-art teaching philosophy of the former, with the strong financial input and excellent service provided by the latter.
Since the establishment of the school in 2005, the average score of students has always been at the top in the examinations of main subjects in Tianhe District. In the final exam of year 2009, the first grade ranked top in total four subjects (Chinese, mathematics, English and politics).